May be you want to take a break from kik or you decided to start it fresh, Or may be you are receiving too many spam messages. There can be endless reasons for a person to think of How to delete kik account permanently. But first, You need to know there are 2 types of deactivating procedures available for kik.
- Temporary deactivation , which allows you to reactivate your account whenever you want.
- Permanent deactivation, which is nothing but deleting kik account permanently forever.
If you are trying to take a break and planning to get back to kik, then this is not the article for you. You need to refer to the article : How to Temporarily deactivate Kik account
What happens when you delete kik permanently
Before you permanently delete kik account forever, Let me tell you what happens when you permanently Delete your kik account.
- You will no longer be able to login to your kik account.
- You can never reactivate you account.
- All your chat history will be cleared forever.
- You can’t retrieve your friends/contacts list.
- Your profile will soon be deleted from the contact list of people you chatted with on Kik .
- No one can find you using your username.
- You will no longer receive messages or email from kik
So in order to deactivate your kik account permanently, You need to have access to the email id you used to register for the kik account. This is a standard security measure from kik & you can neither deactivate nor delete your account from the kik messenger app. You need to go to the official site (which is of-course mobile friendly) in order to delete your kik account. Fear not, I’ll leave the direct link.
So in-case if you forgot the email address with which you have created your kik account, follow the below procedure. But if you don’t have access to the email id which you used to create your account – please read this article : How to delete your kik account without email id
How to Retrieve your kik email address :
- Open kik app
- Click on the gear icon, which is on the top right corner
- Now from the options tap on “Your Account”. You can find the email address which you used.
Delete Kik Account Permanently – Using Official Link :
Now that you know your email address. Assuming you have access to that email inbox, Now it’s time for the one big step to delete your kik account forever.
Note : If you don't have access to that email address inbox, Please read the article : How to delete kik account without email
- Visit this official link to Delete Kik Account Permanently (This is a permanent deactivation link, which deletes the profile – Not to deactivate temporarily)
- Enter the requested details in the form (check out the image below)
- Your Username
- Email d
- Let them know the reason – You can select any reason from the drop down menu
- Click on the check mark – Agreeing that you understand that this will permanently deactivate & Delete your kik account forever.
- Now Click on the big green “GO” button.
Now after the above step, you will receive an email to your email address inbox
- Visit your email address inbox and look for the mail from Kik – Check in the spam folder if you didn’t find it in the inbox.
- At the end of the email, There is link to “Permanently Deactivate” your account, like shown in the below image.
- Once you click on the link, You will see a confirmation page, That your account is permanently deactivated. Now you can only create a new account. You can’t reactivate this account.
If you are logged in any device, in that moment, your kik account will be automatically logged out of all the devices you logged in with in seconds if they are connected to internet. I have to admit it, it’s faster than Facebook or any other messenger i’ve seen so far.
So to permanently delete kik, You need to know the email address, username and also you should have access to your email address inbox. If you know only any 2 of those details and you don’t have the 3rd one, You can still delete your kik account, all you need is your kik account password. If you want to know how, please leave a comment below in the comment section. I’ll write an article on it, it’s pretty easy.
You made it to the end of the article, So i have something useful for you. Whatever the reason may be , Now that you deleted your kik account permanently for good. In case if you ever plan on getting back to kik, You need to create a new user account. But here are some tips for you to protect your privacy completely this time. (Safety tips before creating a kik account – Coming up)
I hope my article provided you all the details you needed. This article involves content from Kik Official Site and the author’s own research on the app & is copyright protected.